Friday 3 January 2014

Tough break

I've been reading "Something Happened" by Joseph Heller for a while now and it seems like there's no end to it. It has a pretty deceiving title, because nothing ever happens in it. And it's so looooong... It does have some nice first person narrative moments, so I'll give it that. But by now I'm mainly reading it out of obligation. I don't like giving up on books. Tough break, I'm stuck with it for another 150 pages or so. But then I can move on to "The Fault in Our Stars", so that's good good good!

Otherwise, I'm on top of the 365 thing. Today's story is about a guy who has a tough time speaking to the girl he's head over heels with. Tough break, dude! But it's open ended, so... I'm a hopeless romantic, it's gonna go just fine for him ;) Oh and I took the photo too, despite it being a weird semi-foggy day. I'm sort of missing the snow. January and no snow... weird! Is it coming, is it not? We'll have to wait and see :)   


365 Stories

1X03: THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM

"It’s like I take just one look at her and all the words I spent all these years learning just vanish, evaporate, relocate to some undiscovered, unexplored region of my brain. I’m rather sure they flee in embarrassment. I do not for the life of me understand how I can drop so many IQ points by simply glancing at her...  [..] My legs decide it’s time to turn to jelly and my hands sweat like a snowball in Hell and my heart goes all wonky and I just lose it. There’s no control tower to help this crashing mess. I wish she knew she was doing this to me.”


365 Photos

1x03: Beyond and between



No comments:

Post a Comment