Thursday 2 January 2014

Still going strong

Day two of the year and still keeping my promises. I actually want to hold onto the things I promise to myself. As I was trying to explain to my nephew today, giving up is easy. Trying harder and keeping it going is a lot of work, but it's worth it. I'm usually so scattered and unplanned and only do what I feel for. And the problem is lately I haven't felt like doing anything. For someone who actually wants to do stuff but has no genuine energy or inspiration, it's feels all sorts of awful. Which is why I want to try as hard as possible to keep my promises and do the challenges I set for myself. So far, so good. Had a nice walk today and spent some time with the folks at home and took my picture of the day and wrote my story of the day (I'll post a tiny piece of it bellow). It actually feels pretty good doing the things I set out to do! I honestly hope I'll keep at it. Two days in, still going strong. Here's to 363 more. 



365 Stories

1x02: LONELY HEART CLUB (excerpt)

"She could hear the crimson waves of blood pouring through her arteries and cells coming to life and dying and her eyelids closing together and air whooshing through her lungs and electric shocks between neurons building thoughts. Before, all those things she discarded, shut off and turned down made it impossible for her to be her, to hear herself, to hear herself functioning to keep herself alive. Now, that was all she could hear, the little gears and bolts and nuts that held her together and kept her alive with their perfect timing and synchronised motions. She could even hear her own heart beating."


365 Photos

1x02: Nowhere Station






No comments:

Post a Comment