Saturday 11 January 2014

Strange selections

Sometimes, we make weird choices. Our subconscious works in mysterious ways. There's probably people who've craved peanut butter and mustard sandwiches and have no idea why their mind would even be capable of such a dangerous and utterly weird combination. But it happens. And we give in to our strange selections, because there's nothing to do about it. Something like that happened to me today. I wasn't in a bad mood or anything, yet it seems both my story and my photo are in a seriously bad mood. My story is about a blind man and him missing the eyes that were taken away from him. And the photo is of some skinny branches with tiny drops of water from the snow melting on them. Both very moody and strange pieces of creation. But that's how it goes. I don't really want to control what comes out of this 365 thing. What ever comes my way, that's how I roll :) 


365 Stories

1x11: THE BLIND MAN

"[...] I lost my eyes some time ago. Long enough to stop mourning them, not long enough to forget them. I still see images where there aren't any, but they're a ghost ache, like when you lose a leg and you still feel it there, an invisible limb you can no longer touch or, worst of all, use. Actually, I don't understand why people even say things like "lose a limb" and "lose your eyesight". You cannot lose a leg and you really can't misplace a pair of eyes. They're not the keys to your car, hanging in the hallway [...]"


365 Photos

1x11: Melting points


No comments:

Post a Comment