Monday 13 January 2014

Missing the city, loving melting trees

I woke up late today and didn't really know what to do with myself. So I didn't do anything but write my story and take my picture of the day. Simple as that. Sometimes, I don't feel like doing anything, so I don't. But I strive to keep my promises. That is why I did the 365 thing anyway... The story today is about... well, a person realizing their are the city and the city is them. I haven't thought about metamorphosis and the like in a long while, but I guess I miss the city, because this story is an ode to the loud crazy cities that I love so much. However, living outside the city does have its perks. Like today's picture, simple as it is. I took it through the window, so some parts of the tree look like they're melting, and I love that. It reminds me of "What Dreams May Come", one of my absolute favourite films of all time. Speaking of films, that's probably all I'm going to do for the rest of the evening, watch some nice film and say bye-bye to yet another day. So bye-bye and see you later!


365 Stories

1x13: THE BACK WINDOW

"From my back window on top of the world, I can see everyone and everything, take everything in and feel it all at once. As the ants walk on the streets bellow me, I feel them going up and down my legs and arms and body, as if I am their asphalt and sidewalks. As lights go on and off, my skin warms up and cools down in unison. My eyes change colour again and again, like a hotel sign, and my throat rumbles with the sound of everything at once. [...] I am the city and the city is me." 


365 Photos

1x13: Watercolour sky


No comments:

Post a Comment