Thursday 9 January 2014

Recycling ideas

Recycling is always a good idea. If we can recycle paper and metal and plastic, why can't we recycle ideas that never properly met the light of day? All ideas deserve a fighting chance. That's what I decided to do for my 365 Stories challenge. I have all these pieces of stories I never completed. Just a few sentences that I came up with a long time ago and then abandoned, because I lost my inspiration or I wasn't feeling for them anymore. But it would be a shame to forget about them forever. They deserve to get their happy endings or sad endings or surprising endings. All those bits and pieces might actually become something. 
Today's story began three years ago and it ends today. It's the story of a man whose life is a novella he writes himself. I know, it's complicated :)) That's just how I roll! Here's a piece of it that's not gonna make any sense... 


365 Stories

1x09: NOVELLA

"[...] I had no family or friends, I had readers. People who witnessed my life, but could make no real impact on it. The pages of my novella still bear the fingerprints of all those hands that wandered over the letters, trying to hold on to them, reaching for the next one impatiently or simply forgetting them. I’ve been held by many hands, some cautious, some violent. Some held me close, handled me with care, lingered on my pages. Others dog-eared me, threw me across the room and forgot me in a dark corner. I have even lost a few pages… [...]"


365 Photos

1x09: Bloom




No comments:

Post a Comment