Monday 7 January 2013

Staying warm and sane

I put the "pro" in "procrastination". Last Thursday I said I'll be back "tomorrow" with a post on staying warm. Today is Monday. I hope you didn't freeze up during the break and your eyes didn't glaze over, because I still want to show you my little baby projects: knitting the easy way! Just get yourself a rectangular, round or whatever shape knitting loom, watch some tutorials on Youtube (thank goodness for the internetz)  and you're ready to go. You can make scarves (baby steps, huh?), fingerless gloves (let's just be honest...tubes), hats and whatever your brain comes up with. It goes pretty fast and once you learn the pattern, it's so very easy. I get bored really fast when I have to go through repetitive motions, but this is pretty nice, actually. It kinda helps you stay sane by focusing on the motion (of the ocean, haha) and not thinking of anything else. Just loop around, pick up, loop around, pick up... and so on and so on. And it's so nice to see cool things coming out from nothing! And there's plenty of nice people on the 'netz willing to show us, noobs, how to do cool patterns and everything. It's easy, it's fast, it's cool (knitting's cool now, folks), what else can I say? Not much, so I'll just show you what I came up with so far :)

I'm pretty happy with these. They're warm and cosy, just what you need during cold winters. Plus, the process gives your arms quite the workout. Win-win, huh? Ok, I'm done, now you go and knit yourself a scarf to keep you nice and toasty. See you when I see you! (no more "tomorrow" promises ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment