Thursday 3 January 2013

Rainy days

Before anything else, I feel I must admit to my inner melancholic love of rainy days. They're not for everyone. They have often been accused of inducing mood swings and the unshakeable urge to stay in bed all day. Which isn't all that bad... But it can get better. Just put on some music, sit by the window with a nice cup of coffee and cosy up with a warm blanket or something and you'll see it's quite great, actually. I love all that jazz, walking through the city when it's raining, splashing about in puddles, running for cover, carrying a bright umbrella, drying off in a nice café or writing or painting or taking photographs or reading, all with the rain in the background, lightly tapping on glass or with lightning bolts opening up the sky... The rain is quite the source of inspiration. It's when I write the best, read the most, listen to the biggest amounts of jazz. I'm a hopeless romantic, I suppose...

When I woke up today, the windows were covered in raindrops. The whole day was nice and moody and foggy. Rain at this time is quite strange, considering it's the middle of winter and I'm in Sweden. But today's rain fits right in with the forest and the wind swooshing through the branches and the green grass peeking from under the snow. And it did indeed inspire me. I took some pictures, four of which I'm going to share with you. I hope all the rain lovers out there will appreciate my rant. I'll come back tomorrow with a project that might help you stay warm on rainy/snowy days. Until then, stay warm, it's winter after all!



     

No comments:

Post a Comment